The video series “Cooking With Paris”, formerly on YouTube, had since graduated to Netflix, lasting for only six episodes in 2021, purported to be about cooking with other celebs, but only ends up being about a rich chick f*cking around in the kitchen. The only thing that might keep the viewer on edge is whether she is holding her utensils correctly, or whether she will hurt herself.
Watched “Sliving Lasagna” (5 million + views). “Sliving” is a word she invented to combine “slaying” with “living your best life”. Her video contains no effort on her part or anyone else’s, no useful information about cooking lasagna except as a masterclass in self-inflicted food poisoning, and will not make anyone a better cook. The only thing of value is the spectacle of watching Paris Hilton making a spectacle of herself. But 5 million views and 30,000 comments ensure enough viewer engagement to indicate quite strongly that Paris will get the last laugh, all the way to the bank.
Some remarkable stuff casually observed on the video:
- Holding the dog on her entrance, but not washing her hands before cooking after putting down the dog.
- Camera pans past an apron on the counter which she never wears, then focuses on a bust of Marilyn Monroe which just happened to be in the middle of the counter.
- After some time cooking, washes her hands, with her fingerless gloves still on. She never takes her gloves off for any reason. She has been observed putting latex gloves over them from time to time.
- Barilla lasagna – okay, I suppose, but not really the fancy stuff. Go-to college student fare. She uses the entire 900g box, and places them in a pot of cold water.
- Uses about 4 pounds of beef, and easily 6 pounds of ricotta cheese. Not sure how if she is preparing for a banquet and has sufficient bakeware to contain it all.
- Paris says at one point: “I wish the cheese would be shredded. But whatever. Life can be worse.” It illustrates the passion she brings to the kitchen.