When calling 9-1-1, make sure that it is because it is an actual emergency.
This is a list of 9-1-1 nuisance calls found in many places around the internet:
- My TV isn’t working.
- Which way do I turn the clock for Daylight Saving Time?
- My lawn chair blew over.
- This restaurant won’t accept my coupon.
- This store refused to give me a refund on a sandwich.
- I need to find my coat.
- Tim Horton’s doesn’t want to replace my Iced Capp.
- Where was my car towed?
- What could I do about a business that blocked me on Yelp because I left a bad review?
- How do I get the cranberry sauce out of the can without it coming out in chunks?
- I am calling from a 911-only phone. Can you put me through to Papa John’s Pizza?
- A second-hand mattress I purchased was more soiled than advertised.
- I am at a movie theatre and my sister is refusing to share her food.
- How do you turn off the headlights on my car?
- The drive-thru at KFC is too long.
- How do you enter a career in law enforcement?
- My windshield wipers stopped working.
- Where’s the best place to get a bacon sandwich at 4AM?
- There’s a squirrel on top of a telephone pole and it isn’t coming down.
- Do you know what time it is?