As a response for participating in the survey, I finally know who I am, because the government told me so. Apparently I am a pragmatist. In an earlier one of these online surveys, I was someone on the loony left. These labels are, on some level, amusing. It’s kind of like reading a Horoscope characterization of yourself, with about the same level of scientific accuracy. Most things on this list as so broadly-defined that they can apply to just about anyone. I will just show this characterization below without comment:
YOUR VIEWS MOST ALIGN WITH
- My democracy is balancedand straight-forward
- Pragmatists generally want governments to strike a balance between decisive action and compromise. They tend to prefer a clear line of accountability to voters, but not at the expense of collaboration between parties.
- Pragmatists are split about whether special measures are needed to help increase the diversity of representation in Parliament.
- Pragmatists typically prefer that election ballots are easy to use and to understand.
- Pragmatists generally view voting as a democratic duty rather than a personal choice and are slightly more inclined to support mandatory voting. They are among the least likely archetypes to support online voting.
Who are Pragmatists?
- MEDIAN AGE